The Visitor Experience & Engagement Representative (VEER) plays a significant role in providing a memorable experience for all people who visit the Tampa Museum of Art (TMA). Superior customer service is provided to every visitor, every day, with every interaction. VEERs will receive dynamic, ongoing training from the VEER Coordinator, Safety & Security team, Development team, and Education team to ensure that the TMA accomplishes its customer service goals. The role of the VEER will engage museum visitors to facilitate a passion and interest in TMA’s exhibitions and programs. VEERs engage visitors with a personal and engaging experience, while delivering superior customer service to ensure an exceptional visitor experience.
Reception and Customer Service
- Greet visitors in a friendly, welcoming manner and provide visitor assistance throughout the museum.
- Provide general museum information including, but not limited to, museum admission prices, hours of operation, and membership information.
- Assist groups with getting oriented to the museum for their tours and school visits.
- Assist in handling visitor issues that include, but are not limited to, way finding, museum policies, and museum and exhibition information.
- Proactively engage visitors in conversations and interactions in areas that include, but are not limited to, art, activities, exhibits, and interactive programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
Point of Sale Cashiering & Information/Front Desk
- Open and close the front desk, maintain tidy workspace.
- Process point of sale general and membership transactions.
- Follow safe cash handling procedures.
- Close and balance drawer at end of day, process end of day report.
- Answer phones, and transfer phone calls.
- Respond to visitor emails.
- Assist with mailings, data entry, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
Safety & Security
- Patrol museum galleries to protect exhibits, and property from theft, violence or vandalism.
- Report any irregular or suspicious activities.
- Report to dispatch through radio communications, and in person as needed.
- Decisively responds to assigned calls for service, emergent situations and critical incidents occurring during shift in accordance with established training/standards.
- Roving, standing and/or walking lobby and galleries required.
- Some light lifting, twenty (20) pounds or less, may be required on an infrequent basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 – 3 years prior customer experience required.
- Energetic, outgoing, and friendly personality required.
- Must work enthusiastically, respectfully, and professionally with a diverse group of audiences and possess a passion for helping people discover and explore.
- Proficiency in word processing and basic computer tasks.
- Ability work weekends, evening hours, and holidays is required.
- Point of sale experience preferred.
- Interpersonal Relations – Establishes rapport with others at all organizational levels; shows respect for others; considers and responds to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of others; establishes and maintains an open dialogue with others; works with others in a healthy and productive way.
- Customer Service/Teamwork – Is dedicated to internal and external customer service; committed to the TMA’s customer service standards, regardless of position; is able to work independently or as part of a dynamic team.
- Communication – Oral and written communication expresses ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner appropriate for the individual or group; listens to and comprehends what others are saying.
- Self-Management – Assesses own skills and abilities and identifies areas for improvement; willingly accepts constructive feedback; can work independently, or as part of a dynamic team; is able to produce under tight deadlines; can successfully handle multiple projects; possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Personal Integrity and Professional Conduct – Demonstrates dependability, honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, and credibility; models appropriate professional behavior; accepts responsibilities for own actions; maintains confidentiality, upholds ethical standards.
- Adaptability – Adjusts, modifies own behavior, remains flexible in response to changing situations and environments, new or rapidly changing information, and unexpected obstacles; maintains high performance, emotional composure, objectivity, and balanced perspective under pressure and shifting priorities.
- Organizational Awareness – Uses the organization’s formal and informal social, political, and technical structures to build relationships, negotiate solutions and accomplish goals. Stays open-minded, embracing key elements of diverse perspectives, adapting strategies as needs, expectations or the organizational climate evolve. Gets positive results for clients and/or visitors and other stakeholders, based on accurate assessments of what is realistic and whose support is essential.
- Part-time, 20-25 hours per week, predetermined weekly schedules.
- The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. This document should not be considered a fully detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned that are not listed in the above description and the TMA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Send your cover letter and resume to Brigette McKern, Visitor Experience & Engagement Coordinator.