Under direct supervision of the Special Events Manager, the Private Events Coordinator’s primary duties and responsibilities are planning and managing private events and assisting in the execution of Museum events of varying sizes and purposes at the Museum. The Coordinator is focused on the renting the Museum space(s), planning, and coordinating the role of the Museum and its staff before, during, and after private events are held at the Tampa Museum of Arts.
• Respond and manage inbound inquires for Museum events, including weddings, corporate events, holiday parties, etc.
• Plan all event details and aspects, including but not limited to floor plans, vendors, timeline, etc. in order to ensure Museum and City enforced policies are followed.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with vendors, clients, and community contacts to ensure satisfaction and repeat/referral business
• Ensure compliance with applicable safety standards, including obtaining certificates of insurance from vendors, capacity limitations, and access and egress conditions.
• Plan for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event
• Attend and promote community and Museum functions to network and identify potential opportunities for renting the Museum’s events spaces
• Be a positive ambassador of the Museum and ability to “sell” the unique features of our location as a premier space in the Tampa Bay area to host events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong hospitality and customer service aptitude – know what guests want and strive to exceed their needs and expectations to ensure the Museum is a vendor of choice
• Strong sales background
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to network with a wide variety of entities
• Strong logistics and event planning knowledge
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Clear, concise oral and written communication
• Ability to lift 50 lbs and be on feet majority of day
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Two (2) years of event management experience
• Experience with weddings a plus
• Flexible schedule – ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Must be a motivated self-starter who requires little to no supervision
• Proven track record of identifying and maximizing event opportunities
• Excellent time management and communication skills required
• Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
A resume and cover letter are required. Please send your application to Bernadette Casey at Bernadette.Casey@TampaMuseum.org.