Under the supervision of the Education Curator and the Community Engagement Manager, coordinates tour and education programs, including but not limited to: school and adult tours, community and student exhibitions, community outreach programs, and public programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development, implementation, and interpretation of program evaluations in consultation with the Education Curator and the Community Engagement Manager
- Track data related to Tour and Education programs
- Process and coordinate tours with schools, college classes, adult groups, and docents
- Under supervision of Education Curator, manage the Art Line transportation grant program for school tours
- Assist Community Engagement Manager in the administration and execution of community and partner programs including: Art Space, Little Kids Big Minds, and Youth Council
- Work with the Studio Program Coordinator to coordinate off-site studio programs’ and county partners’ gallery visits
- Coordinate community and student exhibitions though liaising with internal and external stakeholders to manage community and student exhibitions
- Facilitate education programs as needed
- Attend docent trainings and independently research exhibitions
- Give tours as needed
- Track volunteers and volunteer hours for Tour and Education programs
- Other related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Art Education, Museum Education, Studio Art, Art History, Education, Business, Marketing or other related field, plus two (2) years of professional experience in planning, implementing, and promoting public programs.
Valid Florida Class “E” Driver’s License or equivalent issued by another state by date of application.
Knowledge, Skills, Experiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in full Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience developing programs and/or lesson plans for at least one program target audience: early learners, K12, adult, seniors, individuals with disabilities, and multigenerational groups
- Familiarity with current museum teaching trends is preferred
- Experience with registration software and applications (Siriusware, Wufoo, and Raiser’s Edge preferred)
Other Job Characteristics
- Occasional lifting of supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be available to work extended hours, weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Must have reliable transportation
Qualified applicants please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate the job title ‘Tour and Education Programs Coordinator’ in the subject line.