Become a member of Tampa Collects – The Tampa Museum of Art’s collecting club.
Enjoy the unique opportunity to actively participate in the Museum’s art acquisition decisions and learn more about art, connoisseurship and collecting through special-access programming. Club members work with the Museum’s curators to shape the permanent collection by selecting artworks for purchase.
- Vote annually on the acquisition of artwork(s) proposed by Museum curators
- Invitations to special programs on the art market, connoisseurship and collecting with leading art world experts, influencers and collectors
- Experience exclusive access and behind-the-scenes information to learn about art market trends and events
- Opportunity to travel with a curator to art world events, meet artists, and view artworks suggested for purchase
- Opportunity to request passes to select national and international art fairs
- Individual Membership for yourself or to give as a gift
Members meet annually to vote on the acquisition of artworks proposed by curators for the museum’s collections of contemporary art and classical antiquities. These works are acquired through funds generated by Tampa Collects annual member dues of $750 per person.*
*Membership dues of $750 per person are 100% tax-deductible
Image: Visible from the Riverwalk to the Straz Center, Jaume Plensa’s Laura with Bun (2014) became part of the Museum’s permanent collection after the public fell in love with her during the 2016 exhibition Jaume Plensa: Human Landscape. Donors as young as seven years old became “Friends of Laura,” and donations ranged from $10 to $100,000 for the purchase of the sculpture.
Now permanently situated in its current location, Laura with Bun is both an identifying icon for the Museum and a symbol of the city of Tampa.